Who knew a simple hand-painted scarf could be so exquisite? Each of the scarves shown here began as a plain, white rayon scarf. The process for painting these takes place in stages, beginning with creating a variegated background. I explain the process in step-by-step detail.
Substitute colors as desired to create a variety of backgrounds ready to enhance or embellish. As an added benefit, I've included detailed diagrams for creating beaded fringe. You can also begin with a commercially colored scarf and skip straight to stenciling.
The Value of eCourses
As a student enrolled in my courses the benefits are many, not the least of which are incredible savings.
- Each course is stored within the online school so you have no concern over losing your course materials if you have a computer issue.
- Your access to the course(s) purchased does not expire
- You learn in the comfort of your own home
- You incur no travel or lodging expenses
- You proceed at your own pace
- You experience no pressure to keep up with a fast-moving class
- The course can be viewed, paused, stopped and reviewed as often as needed
- Each course is divided into sessions so that you are not trying to find where you stopped the last time
- Each session is no more then 15-20 minutes so that you can decide how much time you have available to spend painting and watch the desired number of sessions
- You are not alone. Each course includes a discussion area within sessions. Here you can ask questions and/or upload a photo for commentary.
In this course you will learn how to
create unique, abstract colorations using one or multiple photosensitive hues on fabric
select colors that blend well without becoming "muddy"
stabilize your fabric for stenciling
create crisp, clean stenciling without messy edges or paint bleed
intermingle patterns for a harmonious outcome
develop lost and found edges for smooth transitions
Your Creative Mentor
I've chosen to use the title of Creative Mentor rather than instructor because I want you to view me as a partner in your success.
As a professional author, designer and international instructor, my designs and decorative accessories have been published worldwide in books, magazines and tutorials as well as my feature column, with original recipes alongside artful applications. I've created this eCourse site to share the creative fun with you! Perhaps you will be inspired to try your hand at some of the artsy ideas that I toss your way.
With a passion for all things creative, I have traveled extensively to share my unique artistic style with enthusiastic co-creatives. Through the magic of Ecourses now you can play too! Jump in and get your hands dirty—it will be loads of fun!
This course is not open for enrollment.